- Groundwater area containing limestones, minerals, and iron
oxides that are dissolved in the water
- Locating near construction area and exposing to cement dust
- Nearby the sea or exposing to sea salt as seawater corrosion causes rust
when minerals exposed to saltwater vapors
- Hydrochloric Acid
- Hydrochloric acid is chemical compounds which is clear, colourless, water soluble and highly pungent Solution of hydrogen chloride (HCI) in water. It is high concentration, highly corrosive, strong mineral acid with many industrial uses.
- Stainless steel grade 304 or 316 widely used in household is unable to withstand the corrosion of Hydrochloric acid in any condition. Even the higher grade Stainless Steel, it can resist to corrosion no more than 3% in normal condition and even cannot avoid crevice & pitting
- Hydrochloric acid reacts crevice & pitting corrosion in Stainless Steel material. Its corrosion ability will be higher when exposed to air.
It recommends to avoid cleaning Stainless Steel products by all kinds of cleaning agent containing Hydrochloric acid, or if necessary, it is suggested to wash off by clean water as soon as possible afterwards. Do not leave it for long as the stainless steel surface may get corrosion and rust as the consequent result.